LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

VW prepping T-Cross 2018 reveal

As VW decided that they would restrict availability of the T-Roc to Europe, we now have confirmation that the rest of the world will be receiving a model that will be priced just underneath the T-Roc. We should be seeing a full reveal in the second half of this year, and this model will be just the first of 19 new SUV models VW plans to introduce. The early T-Cross Breeze concept that we saw gave us a little bit of insight in regards to the powertrain it may utilize, with a 1.0liter 3 cylinder petrol engine, putting out 110bhp and 129lb-ft of torque. Though that's like the be the entry level model, with more powerful turbocharged four cylinders offered in the higher trims.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:59 PM

VW actually dropped a new teaser for the T-Cross and unfortunately it looks like this model may be exclusive to Europe as well. Its a little ridiculous that the smallest VW crossover/SUV that's offered in NA at the moment is the three tow Tiguan. Here's the latest sketch.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
VW actually dropped a new teaser for the T-Cross and unfortunately it looks like this model may be exclusive to Europe as well. Its a little ridiculous that the smallest VW crossover/SUV that's offered in NA at the moment is the three tow Tiguan. Here's the latest sketch.
I like how much it shares with newer Audi products which will do it nothing but good. Audi's latest SUV's such as the Q7 and Q8 have similar rear end design cues.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

It is an odd choice to restrict this model to Europe, as the North American market is definitely lacking in more compact options. I do really like the styling of these sketches though, and it seems like VW is shifting their body language across the lineup.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
It is an odd choice to restrict this model to Europe, as the North American market is definitely lacking in more compact options. I do really like the styling of these sketches though, and it seems like VW is shifting their body language across the lineup.
VW is at at tough point where they need to establish more models that sustain them as a brand, globally. part of that is being strong in certain markets before expanding elsewhere.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

I can understand the need for a global presence, but its not like this exclusivity is only for a certain period of time. NA customers wont be getting the T-Roc or T-Cross at any point, and personally I think there would be quite a lot of interest in something smaller than the Tiguan. If there is nothing currently in development then they might as well just wait for the ID Crozz.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 05:12 PM

I guess then for North America we might end up seeing vehicles with electric powerstrains as that's where things are going right now.

VW even has an EV car sharing program they want to launch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page