LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

T-Roc R lapping Nurburgring

We've seen a bunch of spy photos of a camouflaged T-Roc on the Nürburgring but we finally have some video which previews the performance variants exhaust note. All we know in terms of power output is that it will be using a 2.0l turbo, that's expected to deliver horsepower in the 280 to 306 range. This model will have larger brakes, bigger wheels, wider tires and a stiffer suspension. The body has also seen a slight redesign which swaps out LED lights for front intakes.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 02:37 PM

For a small crossover/CUV meant to be a budget product i'm surprised it's lapping the Nurburgring. Crazy how much the MQB platform its based off of can vary.

its even more surprising when you see what the Polo could/couldn't do.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 03:00 PM

A little surprised to see VW heading in this direction, as they have recently been making cuts to the GTI and R variants of the Golf. With the T-Roc been exclusive to Europe, I don't know how much interest there will be in a performance variant of it. Typically we only really see high demand for them in NA.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

I personally think there is going to be a growing demand for non premium crossovers. Currently you're stuck going with a BMW, MB, Porsche etc if you're looking to step up from a basic family hauler. With VW shifting to less platforms it will become easier and easier for them to make these kinds of models.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM

The only VW that's even going to have a V6 in 2019 in the U.S is the Atlas. And I've seen nothing but complaints and issues with that vehicle. I do think the smaller Cross Sport concept is pretty sleek looking though, and I believe its been confirmed for production.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:25 PM

big displacement 4 cylinder engines with a turbo to make up for the lack of power when naturally aspirated are on the rise.
over time i think we'll see something to that effect make its way across larger VW segments and/or a hybrid powertrain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page