LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Slammed VW T-Roc

Slammed vehicles makes me cringe a bit, especially when the car was designed to be a high sitting SUV in the first place. An Austrian company called LowRider took it upon themselves to modify a VW T-Roc including slamming it. A new air suspension system was installed along with a new set of wheels to produce what you see below.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/02/sl...ver-hatchback/
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:43 AM

Never liked that sort of styling, instead I was always more into a Motorsports inspired look, much like what was done to the CH-R below:

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2018, 01:53 PM

I don't see the point of slamming a crossover, as it's ride height is all that really separates it from being a hatchback. Lowered that much, it really doesn't look all that different from what you'd get with the Audi Allroad wagon. I guess its a good thing nonetheless that people are investing money into VW's new model, and we may see more aftermarket mods coming out for it as a result.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I don't see the point of slamming a crossover, as it's ride height is all that really separates it from being a hatchback. Lowered that much, it really doesn't look all that different from what you'd get with the Audi Allroad wagon. I guess its a good thing nonetheless that people are investing money into VW's new model, and we may see more aftermarket mods coming out for it as a result.
I agree completely.

What someone should be doing instead is lowering it enough to where handling is improved incrementally and there's a reasonable reduction of wheel gap.

The GLA below is a perfect example of what i'm talking about:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Aside from suspension, you'll probably need to add a strut bar and other stabilizing components because lower ground clearance alone will not stabilize a car. There's also the fear of damaging anything if you manage to hit a big bump or pothole.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Don't think we'll see regular owners going the route of slamming the T-Roc to the same extent as that Dotz model. I do agree that it generally looks a little cleaner when there is less of a gap in the wheel wells, but thats already pretty minor on the stock set up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page