LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

T-Roc Exterior Discussion

Do you think the T-Roc looks a bit too toned down compared to the concept model? I actually anticipated it to look a lot more aggressive when I initially seen the concept and it was very short of that to be straight forward.

What do you guys think?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 03:06 AM

It actually doesn't look too toned down to me, most likely due to the grille design in the front that reminds me of honeycomb. Though I do wish they hadn't separated the two lower air intake vents instead of leaving it as a large one.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Even if they had kept that larger circle light thing that they have on the concept, and they split it up behind a piece of clear plastic and incorporated say fog lights on the bottom half and turn signals on the top half, I think it would have looked pretty cool.

What do you think of the rear end?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 04:01 PM

I think they should stick to a horizontal grille design as standard and then on higher trims work in the honey comb. Personally, regardless of trim i would prefer the horizontal grille:

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Lucky for you the aftermarket will definitely see a want for this as I'm sure you aren't the only one and provide something for it. The horizontal grill and the way it works with the headlights just looks amazing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 01:37 PM

That's if VW doesn't already make it available in the production line up and its quite possible that different trim will get different grilles. Some people might want to swap from something higher up. But given how much VW needs to adapt to the American market they need to have some sporty trim available.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

They were saying that an R trim would be on the table and I could see how it would benefit them greatly. Hopefully they do enough to it to make it worth it though. The bump in performance is definitely always much wanted, but the exterior will need some added aggression to go with.

Here's the thread for that one:

https://www.t-rocforum.com/forum/10-e...c-r-table.html
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ADV View Post
They were saying that an R trim would be on the table and I could see how it would benefit them greatly. Hopefully they do enough to it to make it worth it though. The bump in performance is definitely always much wanted, but the exterior will need some added aggression to go with.

Here's the thread for that one:

https://www.t-rocforum.com/forum/10-e...c-r-table.html
Well they have Audi to learn from, already a lot of VW's design comes from Audi, you can see this influence a lot. If that continues then performance styling should as well. I like Audi's reserved styling.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Audi is extremely reserved, until you start looking at the RS7 and even the new RS5 which just look like beasts straight out the package. Performance wise... phew. Maybe they could take touches from the RS4 though but I doubt it'll come with anything new that power.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ADV View Post
Audi is extremely reserved, until you start looking at the RS7 and even the new RS5 which just look like beasts straight out the package. Performance wise... phew. Maybe they could take touches from the RS4 though but I doubt it'll come with anything new that power.
I don't see why they can't pull from its styling a bit for products like this, always easier to sell something that look sporty and and small performance improvements than a full on high performance model. If VW makes it, i'm positive it will sell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page