LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

T-Roc gets another chiptune from DTE Systems

Due to the amount of interest and success the new T-Roc is seeing that tuning companies are anticipating interest in pushing the stock powertrain further. The DTE team has installed a special gadget named the PowerControl X and something called the PedalBox+. Together these new goodies provide an additional 29hp and 58Nm of torque. Unique to this system is the ability to control output through an app, which displays all kinds of important data. The PedalBox+ will allow owners to switch between three different driving profiles including city, sport and sport plus.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:22 PM

I really didn't anticipate there being this much aftermarket interest in the T-Roc. I know there is a push lately for more performance oriented crossovers, but I don't know why you wouldn't just go with the GTD SportWagen instead.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:02 PM

I would love to see a Euro vehicle tuning magazine tune one of these and not just for more power but also for overall performance; suspension, handling, wheels/tires, etc.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

I recently saw a pretty neat off road performance variant of the Atlas from APR. But seeing as the majority of interest for performance models comes from NA, we will probably have to wait for whatever new crossover they release there. Not really sure why VW restricted both the T-Roc and T-Cross.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I recently saw a pretty neat off road performance variant of the Atlas from APR. But seeing as the majority of interest for performance models comes from NA, we will probably have to wait for whatever new crossover they release there. Not really sure why VW restricted both the T-Roc and T-Cross.
They had problems understanding the North American market and only now are launching more NA-specific products. So it will be a slower climb for now.
VW Group also has to manage the newer entry-level Audi models that tap into the VW Brand potential. its a balancing act.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:40 PM

VW has just confirmed that the Atlas Cross Sport concept will become a production model. Its a five seat variant and its already been announced for Canada. Still probably going to be a few years before we see a smaller crossover in NA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volkswagen T-Roc Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page